Sunday, February 26, 2012

Seminar Paper Topic: Economics of Sports

My topic is kind of vague right now because I have to make sure I can find the proper data, but I would like to to my topic on something to do with Sports Economics.

In particular I would like to look at the economic impact of the UEFA Financial Fair Play Rules being implemented into the international soccer stage at the club level.  The Financial Fair Play Rules focus primarily on limiting club's outrageous spending and force them to run on an economically efficient model rather than buying new players every year and going deeper and deeper into debt. 

Financial fair play measures will be implemented over a three-year period, with the break-even assessment covering the financial years ending 2012 and 2013 assessed during 2013/14, and starting with the assessment by the Club Financial Control Panel of all transfer and employee payables in the summer of 2011.

I hope to analyze and estimate what effects this will have on the competitive advantage level of overall competitiveness as well.  If this particular topic can't work out I would be open to doing anything else in the Economics of Sports area.

Link:  http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/protectingthegame/financialfairplay/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment